Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Boston Marathon Coming up this Monday April 21st

Boston Marathon April 21st 2014



   I am a Marathoner, It's true, I've run 2 marathons in my life

Here's a couple of grueling photos to prove it This one is from the Finish of my Second Marathon, the San Francisco Marathon on June 16th, last year 2013. I finished in a whopping 4:33




Scroll back to my first marathon December 2012 in Sacramento - 4 hours of running in the pouring rain




Yes that's me wearing a Garbage Bag. 

Running next to a vet I asked him, 
"How many marathons have you run?"
He answered, "50!"
Next logical question, "what's the worst conditions you've ever ran in?"
He grumbled "TODAY!!"


 I slogged it out and finished in a WHOPPING 5:05:05
on the clock it shows 5:08, but that's because 8000 people ran this race
and it took three minutes to get across the start line

     Here I am at the finish almost too spent to raise my arms.
Why all this talk about marathons, and what could it possibly have to add to your business? 

Well, of course you remembered what happened at the Boston marathon last year. If not, read the whole history and follow up here

This year, a record 36,000 people are registered to run, biggest year ever, and it's a testimony to the strength of the running community, Boston, and all the people who have run in support 
+Boston Strong  has become a symbol of triumph over tragedy.

Just look at the Facebook page -https://www.facebook.com/StayStrongBostonStrong
55,000 likes.

Ok, back to business, besides being an avid runner still and doing my first Triathlon this Sunday in half moon bay, the lesson I get from this year of Marathoning and the Boston experience, is this....


How do you get up when you fail?

When life and business tank or are sabotaged, who is it that get's back up to fight again, or to put it more intensely 
here's Rocky 





So, there it is my friends, if you are struggling in life and/or in business and need a better way, Join me, let's get back up
and kick some a$$ this week.

Blest,

Saul


No comments:

Post a Comment